Re: [tlug] a japanese dictionary

On 4/1/06, David Stibbe <dstibbe@example.com> wrote:
So, I'm working on building a japanese dictionary for the pc and was
wondering, is there something current dictionaries don't have that the
tlug-crowd would really like to see in a dictionary program ?

kind regards,
David

How about classifying the words by subject, searching for synonyms or related words and for antonyms (oposite meaning words)
A sort would be pretty usefull too. Sort by furigana, by stroke count, by some dictionary number. Grouping by kanji.

And finally, a regexp would be great too.

I could think of many different types of searches that I have wanted to do sometimes, like
All words that has this particular kanji as the second character, or whos previous kanji has n strokes and this radical, but maybe that is too much...