Re: [tlug] DHCP v PPPoE for DSL IP Address

On Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 01:56:27 -0500, Jim <jep200404@example.com> wrote:
> David E wrote:
>
> > With YahooBB the router needs to get its IP address from
> > the ISP using DHCP,
>
> How does this compare with PPPoE?

Dunno. I just followed the instructions from YahooBB which said to set
the router to use DHCP to get the IP from them, and it works as
expected. It's a beautiful thing when following the instructions
actually works - saved me from having to learn the difference between
PPPoE and DHCP...

Also, I use static IPs on the LAN side, which the manual did not
recommend IIRC, but also works fine.

Dave