Re: [tlug] Remembering the Kanji -- off topic?

> I recently picked up a book called "remembering the kanji" by James Helsig
> at the recomendation of a friend.

> Some of the tables have numbers in square brackets (eg: [5]) that don't
> seem to go either to pages or kanji.

How exciting for me! I'm a Linux noobie who's new to the group as well, and
I actually get to answer a question!

Steve, the number is the kanji stroke-count. Here is a link to a very active
Heisig group that can help you through the book,and where there are many
other links to tools and websites for using this technique.