Re: [tlug] LC_CTYPE

Scott Robbins wrote:
> David, I missed the earlier part of this thread, so this answer may be
> useless.  If you're running RH or a derivative, the variables would work
> if they were put in $HOME/.Xclients or .Xclients-defaults.

I use Debian; I'll try it, but I don't think that will work for me.

> Yet another option is to make a lang.sh script, something like

I thought about that, however, having the LC_CTYPE set gives no extra
problems for programs that don't need Japanese input. Adding an alias
for every program that needs ( 'needs' is not correct; where I want to
be able to use) Japanese input is just too much of a hassle.

David