[tlug] LC_CTYPE

Hi,

I had kinput2 with working under kde by having

export LC_CTYPE=ja_JP.EUC-JP
export XMODIFIERS='@example.com=kinput2'
kinput2 -canna&

in my .bash_profile (kde doesn't seem to read .xsession for some reason ).

Since I figured it was time for an update in my japanese input method, I
upgrade to uim (uim-anthy) and comment out the kinput2 section from my
.bash_profile.
(credits to : http://www.jw-stumpel.nl/stestu.html)

It didn't seem to work, until I figured out that the LC_CTYPE still
needs to be set to ja_JP.EUC-JP. Therefor this line is still in my
.bash_profile file.

Is there a way to set this environment variable for KDE without having
to put it in a bash source script like .bashrc or .bash_profile ?

(or how to get KDE 3.5.1 to read my .xsession file ? )

Kind Regards,
David