Re: [tlug] hello from a new / old member

Evan Monroig wrote:
>> Why not just block passwords and use keys.
> How do you do that?

By using RSA keys (or Kerberos, which is not recommended over the
internet) .

> I saw also the "UsePAM" setting, but it seems to control not only
> password authentication, but "all authentication types", as the man page
> says.
Is it on ? Because that would explain why you can still login using a pwd.

PAM , Pluggable Authentication Modules, is most likely the worst acronym
they could've chosen, since it handles the whole deal of authentication
AND authorization; it is a great product though. However, PAM will not
be able to help you in this case.