Re: [tlug] international email with Gnus

Evan Monroig <evan.monroig@example.com> writes:
> How can I check and refine the selected encoding and content-transfer-encoding
> before sending?

I will reply to my own question.

I found in this message [1] that we could select encoding preferences with the
following:

(setq mm-coding-system-priorities
      '(us-ascii
       iso-8859-1
       iso-2022-jp
       iso-2022-jp-2
       shift_jis
       utf-8))

I read in wikipedia [2] about iso-2022-jp-2, and concluded that I could
remove it, since I want to use iso-2022-jp for japanese, and utf-8 when
I mix japanese and french.

Reading about shift_jis [3] also didn't convince me to keep it.

So here is my configuration:

(setq mm-coding-system-priorities
      '(us-ascii
       iso-8859-1