Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] nvidia...
- Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 10:02:49 +0900
- From: "Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] nvidia...
- References: <43EED022.email@example.com>
- Organization: Images Through Glass
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.8) Gecko/20050511
bruno raoult wrote: >The upgrade was fine. Except that the X server would not start. >I tried to update nvidia driver, but it just looped downloading again >and again. > I mucked up a W2K machine at one place I was working at when I downloaded an "updated" video driver. It prevented any kind of display at all! I'm sure there was some way of fixing it, but as I had the files backed up already, I just wiped the slate clean and did a clean install. After that, I read something cautioning against driver upgrades (from an OS vendor) and I've been terrified of them since. Lyle
- [tlug] nvidia...
- From: bruno raoult
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Article Writing Opportunity
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] unicode and Perl- how to pass command line unicodearguments
- Previous by thread: [tlug] nvidia...
- Next by thread: [tlug] unicode and Perl- how to pass command line unicode arguments
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links