Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tlug] Skype windows vs linux again
- Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 09:40:35 -0800
- From: sjs <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [tlug] Skype windows vs linux again
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041217
Hi all A couple of weeks back I was asking if anyone had seen problems with Skype on a windows vs skype on linux. My problem just happened again. The people in Tokyo were on XP with Skype 2.0.... and I had my linux box with Skype 1.whatever which was loaded about 3 weeks ago, so I'm sure it's the latest linux version. The people in Tokyo were complaining about sever echo -- so bad it was unusable. Both checked their systems using echo123 and they were fine. On my end things sounded good. I'm in California. I had an XP system that I had been playing with so I downloaded Skype and in the length of time it took me to disconnect from the linux box and reconnect (seconds) from the XP box things got just fine. I think that eliminates network issues. Both boxes had the latest available Skype software. Both boxes had plenty of memory and compute power. All parties involved verified that things were ok using echo123. To me it looks like there are problems at least between XP version 2 of skype and linux version 1 of skype. Is anyone using skype on linux to communicate with someone else on XP with skype 2.0? Thanks Steve S.
- Re: [tlug] Skype windows vs linux again
- From: Jim
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] How to Push Linux! .......................
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] How to Push Linux! .......................
- Previous by thread: [tlug] MythTV in Japan - channel icons for xmltv grabber
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Skype windows vs linux again
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links