Re: [tlug] Linux Format magazine

On 29/01/06, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:

> New patch for revision 2 => revision 3 attached. Blerg.

Revision 4 is looking pretty sharp, thanks to the efforts of such
stalwarts as Stephen and Lyle--though Lyle should probably check out
ESR's Wikipedia entry! [1]

;)

Seriously, thanks for your edits, guys. I think that between Steve,
Lyle, Chuck, Scott, Godwin,
and myself, we have managed to produce something worthy of
representing TLUG on a glossy page!

http://www.tlug.jp/docs/linux-format_2006-01.txt

278 words, but しょうがないや! ;)

The patch is attached, but I am planning on sending this puppy off
when I get home (at roughly 18:45), so time for getting your two yen
in is rapidly running out!

I am going to take Zev's suggestion and provide a few photos, in order
of preference, so that the chaps at Linux Format can decide what will
look best in print. Here are my picks (culled from Zev's list--cheers,
Zev!), with suggested captions:

1. http://www.tlug.jp/meetings/2005/01/Photos/RIMG1131.JPG
TLUG members enjoy some karaoke at a nomikai (drinking party) while
president Zev Blut orders two more beers--at least, we hope that is
what he is doing!

2. http://www.tlug.jp/meetings/0205/images/05.jpg
Presentations on LTSP, diskless clients, and Kickstart drew a large
crowd to TLUG's May 2002 technical meeting

3. http://www.tlug.jp/meetings/0205/images/04.jpg
Presentations on LTSP, diskless clients, and Kickstart drew a large
crowd to TLUG's May 2002 technical meeting
(same caption, different picture)

4. http://www.tlug.jp/meetings/2003/09/20030914-Pages/Image5.html
TLUG members show off some source code at the September 2003 technical meeting

And here is the logo that I want to use, either as one of the pictures
or--hopefully!--in addition to two photos:

http://www.tlug.jp/tlug_template/mcquillin3.png

Time's running out to submit your favourites or comment on my choices!

Cheers,
Josh

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_S_Raymond