Re: [tlug] First impressions of Gentoo

On 30/01/06, Edward Middleton <edward@example.com> wrote:

> My approach would be to make a DVD (possibly even brake into several
> CD's) with two or three stage4 systems, with categories like the
> graphics workstation, server etc. and just get them to install a system
> preset up with a bunch commonly used applications.  With this approach
> you can limit the installation to a few user specific settings.  You can
> then quote in all the Linux marketing rags about how fast it is to
> install ;)

This is a wonderful idea. I will see what I can do, but I doubt I have
the political power to push something this heavy through the
machinery. Still, I could work it up as an unofficial development
project, and if it is popular enough, TPTB will probably cave. :)

Any TLUGgers willing to get involved in such a project?

-Josh