[tlug] [100% off topic] Telescope...

Hi,

I had a dream a couple of years ago: To watch stars & planets... I went
to US (where telescopes are cheap) but failed to come back with anything...
I am looking again to buy a telescope. An easy one, GPS and Equatorial
mandatory, then: I will not spend hours to find stars, I just want to
enjoy watching them...

Apparently, Celestron and Meade are leaders (price/performance), but I
am really a beginner, so I am not sure.

Does anybody know any English speaking vendor in Tokyo? Or if you have
already experience, could you give me hints on the choice (budget: 30
man max)?

Yes, I know, Tokyo is not a good place for astronomy, due to
pollution/light. But it is good enough for me, probably. At least to
start. And I will look for a telescope that can travel easily...

br.

PS. Is it forbidden to use tlug as "foreigners group" sometimes (as I
just do in this email)? If yes, sorry, I will avoid this kind of
questions in the future... But my understanding is that tlug is a "group
of persons interested in Linux", which could allow such questions (as
everybody has more than one interest!)...

--
GPG Key: 653514E5 (http://www.raoult.com/gpg)