[tlug] Fun With Numbers: ASCIIfication (Re: gmplayer / Audio codec0x676F)

Tobias Diedrich wrote:

> Hmm, looking at my codecs.conf, 0x566f is supposed to be vorbis
> here and 0x676f is not listed here.

Let's play with those numbers.

First, let's look at 0x566F. Taken as bytes, they are the ASCII
codes for 'V' and 'o'. I.e., the first two letters of "Vorbis".

Next, let's look at 0x676f. Taken as bytes, they are the ASCII
codes for 'g' and 'o'. On a little endian machine, it would be
'o' then 'g', the first two letters of "Ogg". Of course one
would expect the endian-ness and case-sensitivity of Vorbis
related codec codes to be consistent, so the correlation with
"Ogg" is thin.

We're laying on our backs gazing at the stars (or clouds).
What things can you imagine the stars or clouds or numbers
representing? This is just for fun.