Re: [tlug] gmplayer / Audio codec 0x676F

bruno raoult wrote:

> Somebody forwarded me a video (don't know how it was build), that my
> gmplayer complains about - unknown audio codec (0x676F).
> I googled a little, and downloaded an obscure plugin which does not work
> (I use the regular Suse 10).
>
> Did you heard about this codec, and know a workaround? The interesting
> part is that answers from goggle ("0x676F codec mplayer") have many
> Japaneses answers that I cannot read. Maybe there could be some useful
> information there.

Since someone already determined 0x676f is vorbis, you can try using
the commandline mplayer and force the audio codec to vorbis:
"mplayer -ad vorbis somefile" should do the trick.
If your mplayer is compiled without vorbis support you'd need to
get a newer package, or compile it yourself (You didn't state which
exact version of mplayer you are using AFAICS).

BTW, "mplayer -ac help" will list all supported audio codecs.

Hmm, looking at my codecs.conf, 0x566f is supposed to be vorbis
here and 0x676f is not listed here.

--
Tobias						PGP: http://9ac7e0bc.uguu.de