Re: [tlug] First impressions of Gentoo

On 28/01/06, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:

>     Josh> Would it be acceptable to you to have the bit about "emerge
>     Josh> -av" added to the manual?
>
> I think that [a lot of useful suggestions snipped]
>
>     Josh> I will see what can be done
>
> I would appreciate that.  I'm really tempted to say "no, I bitched and
> I should follow through," but I'm way overpromised for several weeks
> to come.

Not at all. You *have* followed through in the ideal way, by offering
thoughts on what would make the situation better. Now it is up to the
developers to decide how they can implement your suggestions, or at
least solve your problem in a way that works for them and you.

That is The Open Source Way, or at least, the ideal for which we all,
developers and users alike, should be striving.

Cheers, Steve!
-Josh