Re: [tlug] Maybe 0x676F is Vorbis (Re: gmplayer / Audio codec0x676F)

Jim wrote:
>> ... video ... gmplayer complains about - unknown audio codec (0x676F).
>
>> I googled a little, ...... goggle ("0x676F codec mplayer")
>
> You needed to ogle Google with goggles just a wee bit more:
> The ninth hit was:
> [...]
>    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=0x676F+vorbis

This is what I did in fact, and think I went more far than your
search... You will notice that the first page of your search is all
about issues with no real solution...

So I could "br-oogle" again probably, but my idea was rather to ask if
an easier solution was available...

I did *not* (and still do not) ask you to J-oogle again! Just asked if
somebody solved the same issue previously...

Sorry for the misunderstanding. In the worst case, I will recompile
mplayer, but I would prefer to avoid it, if possible...

br, aka "broggle"

PS. When I said I "googled a little", I meant a couple of days
search/downloads/test/trash... I try generally not to ask obvious
questions - except if the answer is on the tlug mailing list,
unfortunately protected and not visible (NO! We don't need to restart
that discussion again ;-)

--
GPG Key: 653514E5 (http://www.raoult.com/gpg)