[tlug] Maybe 0x676F is Vorbis (Re: gmplayer / Audio codec 0x676F)

brunogle wrote:

> ... video ... gmplayer complains about - unknown audio codec (0x676F).

> I googled a little, ...... goggle ("0x676F codec mplayer")

You needed to ogle Google with goggles just a wee bit more:
The ninth hit was:

   http://www.linuxforen.de/forums/archive/index.php/f-19-p-53.html
   http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:qUjypoVs76oJ:www.linuxforen.de/forums/archive/index.php/f-19-p-53.html+0x676F+codec+mplayer&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=9
   http://www.linuxforen.de/forums/archive/index.php/t-199791.html

which seems to indicate that vorbis is what you want, so further Googling:

   http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=0x676F+vorbis

seems to corroborate that 0x676F is for Vorbis.

> Did you heard about this codec, and know a workaround?

Ogg/Vorbis is quite(Am. Eng.) famous in the open source world
for being free and open suite of audio and video codecs.

So ogle Ogg through your goggles with Google. (Vorbis too)
With joggled grog in hand, use Ogle to ogle a google Ogg videos agog
through foggled goggles. It alliterally boggles the noggin.

Jim