Re: [tlug] First impressions of Gentoo

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>Some of the stuff in the manual is potentially confusing (and some I
>thought it was just plain wrong for my system ;-).  Eg the description
>of setting up grub says that paths are supposed to be relative to the
>grub device, but the ones they show aren't, not for the example
>system.  Only later do they explain that there's a symlink hacked into
>the /boot directory.  Nothing really horrible, but definitely this
>isn't for n00bs.

Hi All,

I will be playing with my chroot gentoo install on top of CentOS4.1, tnx
again Josh, some time this weekend, and will also try to post my
thoughts on gentoo, from someone who is far closer to a newbie, than
Stephen ever could be, even if he tried to fake it...I quickly scanned
the manual, and found some of it quite confusing, but, it was around
3-4am, so, may not be as bad as I first thought. Cheers.

Mark Sargent.