Re: [tlug] Mic Problems

On 26/01/06, Nikolay Elenkov <goibniu@example.com> wrote:

> Well, it's actually with an `y' at the and. At one time French spelling
> was used in international passports, hence the 'y'.

Yeah, this caused Lyani and I no end of trouble with US Immigration
officials, as she prefers the alternate spelling of her family name,
"Burdjeva", as opposed to the old-style Frenchy "Burdzheva". The
Bulgarian government now uses the former, but used to use the latter,
so her old passport said "Burdzheva" and now the new one says
"Burdjeva-Glover".

What does her green card say? Well, I'll let you know in 3-6 months
(the minimum amount of time it takes for the US government to mail you
important documents).

> Anyway, the above is just a guy sharing how he managed to use his sound
> card in 5+1 surround mode by turning on `Mic As Center/LFE' and `
> Line-In As Surround'. I guess you (probably) need to do the exact
> opposite. I don't use ALSA, so I know next to nothing about it.

Yeah, I just linked to that page because it demonstrated that `Mic As
Center/LFE' is a control that can be manipulated with amixer from the
command line, which was not clear from Mauro's original email.

And because I was amused that the Bulgarian LUG was the first practical hit. :)

-Josh