Re: [tlug] Bittorrent Newbie

On 25/01/06, Edward Middleton <edward@example.com> wrote:

> Well if this is the correct definition of a seed then I have use the
> term incorrectly.  I was referring to nodes that don't block uploads.

Please don't, when Wikipedia is only a click away:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bittorrent#Terminology

When you say "seed", I think you mean "peer", versus a "leech", which
is a node with a poor share ratio (often because uploads are blocked
or throttled way back).

Please note that all of your points in the post to which I am replying
are well-taken, I just like to be pedantic on terminology, as
misunderstandings are definitely bandwidth-inefficient. ;)

Cheers,
Josh