[tlug] Website Update Prompt

I've noticed that some of the website pages I've made do not update on
viewers computers unless the "Refresh" or "Reload" button is clicked.
I suppose that's due the following two lines (taken from an old page)
being missing:

In looking at the first parts of the numbers "20040614" and
"20040615", obviously they refer to June 14th, 2004 as the creation
date for the page and June 15th, 2004 as a date it was changed.  If
those were the only two numbers, I could just manually change 20040615
to 20040801 for example, to show that the page has been updated.
Indeed, I suppose that's exactly all I have to do?

But - what are the second set of numbers - "14240400" and "9144900" -
about?  Can I just ignore those and indicate that the page has been
updated simply by putting in a more recent date?  Or does the second
number need to be changed?  If so, can I just put in anything?
Looking at the top eight-digit number and the bottom seven-digit
number, I have no idea what those might represent beyond some random
identification number.

Incidentally, the sound issue is on hold at the moment - I've got a
pile of other things to get through (including website work), so I'll
be getting back to that later.  The messages everyone has been kind
enough to send regarding sound are awaiting further reference in a "to
do" folder.  Thanks again!

Lyle
--
http://www5d.biglobe.ne.jp/~LLLtrs/