Re: [tlug] Kanji file names,reading Mac OS X/Darwin file names in Linux

David Riggs wrote:
> Not inside of Mac OS X.  I mean I want to read a Mac OS X written file
> (e.g. a CD) with kanji file names, on a Linux machine. If its a romanji
> file name I can get at it, and the data is sjis, in this case. But the
> file names are unreadable, in any of the encodings I have tried. Old Mac
> stuff was no problem really, but I cannot figure out the OS X deal.

Assuming that the Japanese filenames on the disk are readable from OS
X...  you need to figure out what extensions were used to write them.
Joliet stores the filenames in Unicode format.

You can get them converted to another character set by specifying
options when you mount the CD-ROM on the Linux side.

See this page for details:

   http://bmrc.berkeley.edu/people/chaffee/joliet.html

Jake