Re: [tlug] KRecord (Mono?)

On 23/01/06, Lyle H Saxon <llletters@example.com> wrote:

> When I type in "arecord" - I get:
>
> ALSA lib pcm_dsnoop.c:563:(snd_pcm_dsnoop_open) unable to open slave
> arecord: main:533: audio open error: Permission denied

Is this on SuSE? Is there an audio group that you should be in? Please
run this command and report the output:

egrep 'audio|sound' /etc/group

If a line of output is generated, add yourself to that group. If you
don't know how, maybe a SuSE expert can tell you.

Or, you can do it The Unix Way and edit the /etc/group file directly
(you must be root; use sudo). Search for the group that you found with
egrep, and simply add your username to the end of the line, if the
line ends with a colon. If the line does not end with a colon, that
means that there is at least one user already in the group, so you
must add a comma to the end of the line *before* your username.

For example, here's the file before and after I add the "delyana" user
to my audio group:

: jglover@example.com; egrep 'audio|sound' /etc/group
audio:x:18:jglover
: jglover@example.com; sudo vim /etc/group