Re: [tlug] KRecord (Mono?)

On 1/23/06, Jim <jep200404@example.com> wrote:
> > [LHS] I made a recording with KRecord ... Line In jack on my sound
> > card... only the left channel is recording.
>
> There are several possibilities.
>
> 1. You have a crummy line-in jack or a crummy plug

The plug(s) and cable are okay - testing it by plugging it in between
a portable CD player and a small stereo produces no-drop-out sound
from both channels.  I thought the female side on the computer could
be the problem, but in re-seating the plug several times, I'm getting
the same result....

> 2. As other have mentioned, Audacity is a wonderful program
>    for recording and editting audio.

My attempt at recording with it this morning failed - so I thought
that maybe it was strictly an editor of existing files and couldn't be
used for recording new ones.  I take it that it can then.....

Lyle