Re: [tlug] KRecord (Mono?)

On 23/01/06, Lyle H Saxon <llletters@example.com> wrote:

> I made a recording with KRecord (on SuSE & KDE) for a friend from a
> portable MD player plugged into the Line In jack on my sound card.  It
> worked fine excepting for the irritating discovery that only the left
> channel is recording.

Just to eliminate the obvious, you are sure you are using a stereo
dubbing cable, right?

Try arecord[1]:

arecord -f cd from-md.wav

You can either Ctrl-C it when you are done recording, or if you know
the duration of the stuff you want to record, specify it like so:

# Record 600 sec (10 min) of audio
arecord -D 600 -f cd from-md.wav

Also, since you now know how to use Audacity, why not try it for your
recording needs?

HTH,
Josh

[1] manpage: http://www.die.net/doc/linux/man/man1/arecord.1.html