Re: [tlug] Posting Limits

On 21/01/06, Jim <jep200404@example.com> wrote:

> Josh's letter begs the questions:
>
>    What size letters are appropriate to post on TLUG?
>    What kind of attachments are appropriate to post on TLUG?

That is a great question. Just to pull a number out of my... uh, *thin
air*, how about a 10KB limit? Obviously, if you go a little over, that
is cool, as long as you have a good reason.

As for attachments, probably image files, [tar.]gz files, source code,
etc. Basically, no executables.

> Which raises the policy question of how much is appropriate
> for posts to tlug. The closest thing I can find is in the first
> paragraph of http://www.tlug.jp/listpolicy.php#postq:

Re-doing the several disparate chunks of list policy is on my TODO
list (tragically, Sacha, not in XEmacs planner-mode ;) so I will be
happy to add the outcome of this discussion to the document.

-Josh