[tlug] Re: TODO extension for source code and Emacs

Ian Wells <ijw@example.com> writes:

> 3. I think I'd like to have comments on progress and scheduling of TODO
> marked tasks that are in the source without having the additional notes in
> the source.  Clearly this is going to be a complete arse.  I'm not sure I've

I'd use something like planner-el coupled with remember-el, which
makes tasks and notes that are automatically hyperlinked to the file,
e-mail, webpage, chat, or anything else you write a function for. It's
easy to keep insanely detailed time records (timeclock.el
integration), which is pretty handy too.

If you think hierarchically, you might want to check out org.el. It
does hyperlinking as well, I think, but is slightly less featureful.

Both are good for managing non-source tasks as well.

--
Sacha Chua <sacha@example.com> - open source, free software geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, personal information management, public speaking