[tlug] Re: How to Input Japanese in RH9

Scott Robbins wrote:

> I have two pages about this--although they were tested in Fedora Core 4,
> they will probably work in RH9.

There was a _big_ change in CJK support between RH9 and FC4,
especially about IMEs. I think the change happened between FC1 and FC2.

   [jep@example.com rh9]$ grep XMODIFIERS env.kde.xterm.??
   env.kde.xterm.cn:XMODIFIERS=@example.com=Chinput
   env.kde.xterm.en:XMODIFIERS=@example.com=none
   env.kde.xterm.jp:XMODIFIERS=@example.com=kinput2
   env.kde.xterm.kr:XMODIFIERS=@example.com=Ami
   env.kde.xterm.tw:XMODIFIERS=@example.com=xcin
   [jep@example.com rh9]$

RH9 supports CJK. Fighting the default IMEs and installing a
bunch of stuff from source on an RPM based system is something
only experts should attempt. That someone is asking for J support
for an OS that can be installed with such support, makes one
wonder.

I think it's best to wait for a better understanding of the
problem before pushing complicated solutions.