[tlug] Docbook XML for documenting database tables

Docbook experts (this means you, Smith!), I would like to use Docbook
to document some MySQL database tables. It seems that if I do it
right, not only can I generate HTML documentation from it, but also
the actual SQL statements to create the tables, so I can be sure that
my tables are in sync with the docs.

I found the online version of "Docbook: The Definitive Guide":

http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/docbook.html

I am pretty sure that Gentoo is still on Docbook 4.4, which is why I
am not using Docbook 5.0, before you ask.

Any tips? Any pointers to documentation that would take me through the
specific steps needed?

I don't have a lot of time to properly learn Docbook right now, so a
recipe that would help me get started would be greatly appreciated.
Once I start using Docbook, I am sure I will be so blown away by its
features that I will make time for reading the book in its entirety!
:)

TIA,
Josh