Re: [tlug] mounting ntfs japanese partition (aka japanese windows & linux!)

Sorry I should have made myself clearer:

Local files that are not part of this drive do show up correctly.
I believe FAT. FAT32 used Shift_JIS (or the Japanese Windows did at
any rate) but that Windows NT uses Unicode. I have tried sjis, utf8
and no luck.
I have also tried utf16 and no luck.

I suspect that the encoding is funny on the Windows side of things,
but the fact is that Windows XP can display it properly where as all
of my efforts to display it in linux cannot.

dave