[tlug] Skype Ports/Servers(IPs) Query

Hi All,

trying to get a better understanding of skype and it's port usage. In
tools/options/advanced, it has a check option, to have skype use ports
80/443 as alternatives for incoming connections, but, I don't see these
ports wheh running netsat -tnlup or anything via ethereal. Perhaps I'm
missing something fundamental? If these ports are blocked by your
firewall, does skype auto revert to defaults? Also, is there a central
server or allocation of servers(IPs) for skype use? I asked on skype
linux forum, but, got nothing back. Anyone on here got a clue to my
little query? Cheers.

Mark Sargent.