Re: [tlug] Mic Problems

Viktor Pavlenko wrote:

>    EM> On Jan.17 17h52, Mark Sargent wrote :
>    >> >Doesn't alsamixer give you any indication of the capture status?
>
>    EM> As we are talking about alsamixer, just in case: usually what
>    EM> I do for the first time setup is that I launch alsamixer and
>    EM> put everything at 100% and make sure no one is muted (letter M
>    EM> at the bottom)
>
>When I start alsamixer on my box, I have to press <Tab> to get to the
>"Capture" display; unmuting Mic there worked for me.

Hi All,

with my version, I don't need to <Tab>, just using the arrow keys moves
me across, and Mic is showing as 100%, as I stated above. Only Mic Boost
is off. If I select Mic Capture, and click m, it is supposed to mute or
unmute, but, it doesn't work, just stays as 100%, but others change
settings. Cheers.

Mark Sargent.