Re: [tlug] about sanitize_e820_map()

sjs wrote:

> Josh Glover wrote:
>
>> Why not use UTF-8?
>
> um -- why not use ISO2022-JP?  Didn't we just have a whole thread on
> this subject?  It sounded like the consensus was 2022 in Japan and utf
> for the rest of the world.  Did I miss something??

For a website, use UTF-8, but be forewarned that some fonts don't look
as good as some other encoding (depending on the browser, font
selection, etc.), but... for sending an e-mail to someone here in Japan
- in Japanese, unfortunately ISO-2020 provides you with the best chance
of the text actually getting through the wires unmangled.

Lyle