Re: [tlug] Threaded email readers

Ramil Sagum wrote:

> Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon wrote:
>
>> So is Mozilla (as a combination browser, e-mail client and web page
>> composer) being absolutely discontinued?
>

> Yes, they're stopping the Mozilla Suite at 1.7.x so they can focus on
> Firefox and Thunderbird.  However, they will be supporting community
> members who want to continue development of the Mozilla Suite, thus
> SeaMonkey! [1]. They just released beta 1.0 last dec 19. I've never
> used it though. More details in [2]
>

> [1] http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
> [2] http://www.mozilla.org/seamonkey-transition.html

Thanks!  I just downloaded it, but since it comes with this warning:

"Warning! This is a testing-only version of SeaMonkey!"

- I'll wait to try it out until I've got some time to put it in a test
box.  I can't say I'm enthusiastic about the name.  It's been bad enough
trying to get (non-computer) people interested in Mozilla "Mozilla?! -
What's that?", I don't think I have the courage to suggest to someone
that they use "SeaMonkey"!  Personally, the name isn't important to me,
but I have to wonder if the same decision-making process that came up
with "SeaMonkey" will be at work within the software!  Shudder!

Lyle