[tlug] Re: CJK Latex: embed Type1 fonts in my pdf file

Here is another try at cyberbit.map

First I installed the package ttf2pt1 which claims converting TrueType
fonts to Type1 fonts. And I am running it now on the ttf font as follows
(for some reason it takes a long time):

for i in *.enc
    do ttf2pt1 -L $i -e -b $TTFDIR/cyberbit.ttf $TYPE1DIR/${i%.enc} \
    > /dev/null 2>&1
done

looking inside cyberbit00.enc I find that the encoding name is
'cyberbit00Encoding'

looking inside cyberbit00.afm I find that the font name is
'BitstreamCyberbit-Roman'

The command 'afm2tfm cyberbit00.afm' also produces the following line
cyberbit00 BitstreamCyberbit-Roman

Looking at /usr/share/texmf/dvips/misc/mathpi.map shows me that the
syntax for the map file is like the following:

mh2scr MathematicalPi-Two " mh2scrEncoding ReEncodeFont " <mh2scr.enc <mh2.pfb

So I come up with a cyberbit.map file with entries like this for each
subfont:

cyberbit00 BitstreamCyberbit-Roman " cyberbit00Encoding ReEncodeFont " <cyberbit00.enc <cyberbit00.pfb

I still have to wait for the conversion to end, but in the meanwhile
I can still test again. This time dvips gives the following errors:

$ dvips -q -t a4 -P pdf -G0 sample-utf8.dvi
Warning: module writet1 of dvips (file cyberbit51.pfb): glyph `index0x229A' undefined
Warning: module writet1 of dvips (file cyberbit51.pfb): glyph `index0x2CC0' undefined
Warning: module writet1 of dvips (file cyberbit51.pfb): glyph `index0x6820' undefined
Warning: module writet1 of dvips (file cyberbit51.pfb): glyph `index0x680A' undefined
(...)

checking cyberbit51.pfb, I discover lines like this, which seem not so
good:

dup 1 /.notdef put
dup 2 /.notdef put
dup 3 /.notdef put
dup 4 /.notdef put
(...)

Did I do something wrong in the generation of the Type1 font files? Is
there a *standard* method for converting those fonts?

cheers,

Evan