Re: [tlug] about sanitize_e820_map()

On 19/01/06, Toshiyuki Ishii <psbfan@example.com> wrote:

> I respect to his wit rather than I mind his joke.

Not sure I believe that someone could actually appreciate Mark's "wit"... ;)

> (This phrase is in EUC code.)

Why not use UTF-8?

> Is it difficult to writting in Japanese, including kanji charactor especially,
> as well as we Japanese have difficulty on pronunciation in English?

Yes. Any advantages that we Westerners have in pronouncing Japanese
(because English is much harder for a Japanese person to pronounce
than vice-versa) go right out the window when it comes to kanji. And
grammar. And keigo.

Japanese, as you may be aware, is known to some Western students as
"the devil's language", because it is so bloody hard to learn.

And that brings me back to the old joke:

Q: Why are Japanese children smarter than American children?
A: Because they can speak Japanese!

-Josh