Re: [tlug] CJK Latex: embed Type1 fonts in my pdf file

On Jan.18 12h58, Botond Botyanszki wrote :
> Attached is a script that installs ttf files for latex (pdflatex).
> This might give you a clue.
> I used the pdflatex command instead of converting from dvi.

Thanks for your help !

As I understand the script, it does the following things on the .ttf
font files

1) convert to .afm

ttf2afm -e /usr/share/texmf/ttf2tfm/T1-WGL4.enc -o font.afm font.ttf

2) convert to tfm and add the font description to $MAPFILE

afm2tfm font.afm -T /usr/share/texmf/ttf2tfm/T1-WGL4.enc font.tfm | sed
s/\"T1-WGL4.enc\"/\"<font.ttf T1-WGL4.enc\"/ >> $MAPFILE

3) create font description for latex

(...)

4) modify some config files

But the encoding file that is used, 'T1-WGL4.enc', is for converting
windows TrueType fonts. The one I have is unicode, so I would need
a Unicode .enc file.

What I was trying to do was:

1) generate .tfm (tex format metrics) and .enc files - there are
   hundreds of them

ttf2tfm cyberbit.ttf -w cyberbit@example.com@

2) generate a postscript Type1 font

ttf2pfb cyberbit.ttf -o cyberbit.pfb

3) modify config files (to enable and define the maps)

When I use pdflatex it embeds the TrueType fonts (like the script you
sent for alphabet character fonts), but when I use latex and dvips, it
does not.

I would like to use latex/dvips/ps2pdf to use 'epsfig' and 'pslatex'
packages.

So my problem is that I cannot get dvips to understand the ttf fonts.

Evan