Re: [tlug] Re: tlug-digest Digest V2006 #28

Hi David

Would it be worth while to just write a simple c executable for this?
Regular expressions tend to be expensive in terms of CPU but I would think
a simple state machine (which really is just a highly optimized regular
expression engine) shouldn't be too difficult to write and should be
really fast if you have already stripped the noise (line numbering,
punctuation, whitespace, etc) out of your data set.  Assuming of course
you don't need the power of full regular expressions...

If this approach was already mentioned, sorry -- I missed it.

Steve S.