Re: [tlug] Editing Soud Files (WAV & MP3)

Godwin Stewart wrote:

>>I've spent the past 45 minutes trying, but I've yet to discover how to
>>pick a starting point, an end point, and then to save that short segment.
>>

>Click on the start point on the waveform and either drag to the end point
>or use shift+right.
>
>Then "File" menu / "Export selection as MP3"

The "shift+right" move is what finally enabled me to use the
Cut/Copy/Paste/Trim/Export functions.  I discovered that I don't have
the MP3 converter, but I was able to edit out a selected 15 seconds of a
song by exporting it as wav.  I don't quite understand how it works yet
though.  I would think the initial highlighting would do the trick, but
it doesn't - it requires going in and re-highlighting (in a darker color
still) the same section again, which I don't understand the reason for,
but if I can get my music segments, that's what counts!

Thanks for all your help!

Lyle

PS - The next time I closed the program, it cleaned out that temporary
file, which is good.  I wouldn't want to have to manually deal with that
every time!