Re: [tlug] Editing Soud Files (WAV & MP3)

On 01/18/2006 09:38 PM, Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon wrote:
> I have now tried Audacity, I can import files, I can convert them to
> MP3, Wav or ogg, but what I can't do and what I need to do is to edit
> out a ten-twenty second clip of a song.  The Save,Cut, Paste options are
> not active.

Did you click and "drag out" part of an audio track to select it?  After
selecting the part of the track you want, you can use the "Export
Selection as xxx..." menu item to just make a copy of that portion of
the track.  (Alternatively you can use 'trim' to delete the rest of the
track.)

<http://audacity.sourceforge.net/help/>
<http://audacity.sourceforge.net/manual-1.2/tutorial_common_ed_1.html>

Jim
an Audacity fan

--
Jim Tittsler  7J1AJH/AI8A                            GPG: 0x01159DB6
Kanto Computer Calendar  http://www.OnJapan.net/calendar/