Re: [tlug] Editing Soud Files (WAV & MP3)

Ramil Sagum wrote:

> Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon wrote:
>
>> ZpbGVzIG9uIHRoZSBzaXRlLiAgSSBjYW4gcHV0IHdob2xlIHNvbmdzIG9uIHdpdGggbm8KPiA+
>>
>> cHJvYmxlbSAoTVAzKSBidXQgc2hlIGp1c3Qgd2FudHMgc2hvcnQgYml0cyBvZiB0aGVtIC0gc2F5
>>
>> IDIwIHNlY29uZHMKPiA+cGVyIHNvbmcuICBDYW4gYW55b25lIHJlY29tbWVuZCBhIGdvb2Qgd2F5
>>
>> IHRvIGVkaXQgc291bmQgZmlsZXM/Cj4KPiBob3cgYWJvdX
>

> The usual installations of sox don't have built-in mp3 support. You
> can see which file extensions are supported by:
>
> sox -h

Okay - I'll take a look.  Um... is it just on my computer that the block
of text from me is one long string of computer code?

> You need to install external libraries to support mp3 (reading from
> their mailing list in sourceforge, libmad and libmp3lame. I don't know
> if there are packages (for Suse) that includes sox and these
> libraries. *searches*
>
>> XJ0aW5nIDI1IHNlY29uZHMgZnJvbQp0aGUgYmVnaW5uaW5nIG9mICJUaGUgVG9hc3Rl
>> cnMgLSBEb24ndCBMZXQgdGhlIEJhc3RhcmRzIEdyaW5kIFlvdQpEb3duLm1wMyIsIGFuZCBzYXZl
>>
>> IGl0IHRvICJUaGUgVG9hc3RlcnMgLSBEb24ndCBMZXQgdGhlIEJhc3RhcmRzIEdyaW5kCllvdSBE
>>
>> b3duX3NhbXBsZS5tcDMiLgoKVGhhbmtzISAgSSB0cml
>

> I don't know anything about Suse, but their FTP site has the following
> rpm for suse 9.3. I'm sure it has a lot of dependencies though (like
> madlibs).
>
> ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/9.3/suse/i586/audacity-1.2.3-6.1.i586.rpm

Thanks!  I'll have a look.  I suppose this is something like DVD stuff -
where the recording industry does whatever they can to destroy and/or
block tools for recording?

Again - my quoted block of text is all computer code for me - I tried
several different character code settings, but they don't change it.....

Lyle