Re: [tlug] Editing Soud Files (WAV & MP3)

Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon wrote:
> ZpbGVzIG9uIHRoZSBzaXRlLiAgSSBjYW4gcHV0IHdob2xlIHNvbmdzIG9uIHdpdGggbm8KPiA+
> cHJvYmxlbSAoTVAzKSBidXQgc2hlIGp1c3Qgd2FudHMgc2hvcnQgYml0cyBvZiB0aGVtIC0gc2F5
> IDIwIHNlY29uZHMKPiA+cGVyIHNvbmcuICBDYW4gYW55b25lIHJlY29tbWVuZCBhIGdvb2Qgd2F5
> IHRvIGVkaXQgc291bmQgZmlsZXM/Cj4KPiBob3cgYWJvdX

The usual installations of sox don't have built-in mp3 support. You can see
which file extensions are supported by:

sox -h

You need to install external libraries to support mp3 (reading from their
mailing list in sourceforge, libmad and libmp3lame. I don't know if there are
packages (for Suse) that includes sox and these libraries. *searches*

> XJ0aW5nIDI1IHNlY29uZHMgZnJvbQp0aGUgYmVnaW5uaW5nIG9mICJUaGUgVG9hc3Rl
> cnMgLSBEb24ndCBMZXQgdGhlIEJhc3RhcmRzIEdyaW5kIFlvdQpEb3duLm1wMyIsIGFuZCBzYXZl
> IGl0IHRvICJUaGUgVG9hc3RlcnMgLSBEb24ndCBMZXQgdGhlIEJhc3RhcmRzIEdyaW5kCllvdSBE
> b3duX3NhbXBsZS5tcDMiLgoKVGhhbmtzISAgSSB0cml

I don't know anything about Suse, but their FTP site has the following rpm for
suse 9.3. I'm sure it has a lot of dependencies though (like madlibs).

ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/9.3/suse/i586/audacity-1.2.3-6.1.i586.rpm

ramil