Re: [tlug] Make Web Mail Server that Follows Polysaturated Threads

On 1/18/06, Roger Markus <rogermarku@example.com> wrote:
> On 1/16/06, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:
> > It is true that there is a behaviour on Jim's part that would enable
> > us to work around the fact that we have chosen to use MUAs without
> > proper threading support, but there are others on the list ( c.f.
> > http://tlug.jp/ML/0601/msg00161.html) who actually prefer
> that
> > everyone follow Jim's lead.
> >
> > So you are, in fact, a bit off-sides here.
>
>  Well - okay, I apologize for being rude then.  It's just so frustrating the
> way that Jim hijacks every single title he responds to.  I understand that
> it's fun to make up new titles, but when it inconveniences every single
> Google user who is relying on Google for the messages and not some other
> program (why must we have two?), then it would be more civilized if he were
> to respect our position and stop hogging the titles!

As a google user I'd like to chime in that I'm in the camp that would
like to nag google into fixing gmail so that it respects the
particular header that keeps threads together based on references
rather than subject lines.  Or at least gives users the option to
group 'conversations' that way.

But just to be clear on what we're asking for am I right in assuming
that the header in question is the one that looks like this?

Has any other Gmail user read any official statement from the Gmail
people about this issue?