Re: [tlug] [OT] Network Engineer Leads

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>Yeah, that's for GNU Arch Users (if your name is "Tom").

who's Tom?

>But note that Mark isn't (yet) asking for help finding a job---he's
>looking for social contact with relevant professionals.

yes, that is what I'm asking for. I know that it is a lot to ask, for
someone to just pop your name to someone who can make decisons, without
knowing what you can or can't do. Hence this approach. Already, Bruce
McIntosh, over the past few days, has been very, very helpful in
introing me to some ppl/things, and Alain Hoang has contacted me
off-line, with some suggestions, all very nice of them both, and very
helpful.

>  While I agree
>with your answer as far as it goes, I'd also suggest (1) a tech
>meeting talk on networking and/or a talk on getting qualifications,
>(2) offers of beer, etc.

without sounding too unprofessional to the potential employers, number 2
sounds good(oh hang on, I gotta pay, right?-hehe). Cheers.

Mark Sargent.