Re: [tlug] Fans: Failure and Resuscitation

> The issue of stuck fans comes up from time to time and should
> be in a FAQ. Until then, it's up to you to bookmark or save this
> email. I recommend that everyone read the _whole_ letter.

Thank you very much for both comments.

This turned out to be a BIOS issue. Upon inspecting the BIOS, it seems
that Gateway had made some custom settings to get the PC to boot without a
CPU fan. None of the fan plugins were working on the MB. I reloaded the
default settings and turned the Power Management back on, and suddenly the
fan plugins were live again.

I will, however, pay more attention to fans from now and on try that
lubrication technique. Sounds like a good idea for safety's sake. Also, it
would be nice to have a quieter box.

Thank you.