[tlug] [OT] Network Engineer Leads

Hi All,

is there anyone on here, who is a Network Engineer, or knows someone
well, who is? I'm trying to network into this field, and haven't had the
pleasure of coming across anyone directly. I've had a few bites from
Recruiting companies etc, but, find with limited experience, I often get
passed over before even getting to the interview stage(haha, no, please,
don't reach for the violin, just yet). I understand that this is
off-topic, but, I know that there are some very knowledgable people
here, and thought maybe someone may know someone. I don't wish to tread
on any toes, with this approach, and hope that the majority here can
forgo me some slack, for this. I'm currently studying CCNP heavily, and
find the tech side, reasonably easy, and was just hoping to network, and
allow that knowledge to expand etc. Sometimes, it only takes a
conversation with somebody in the industry and from there, hopefully,
that person feels that the other may have something to offer and begins
to recall you, at the right times.. Once again, if I've stepped over a
line with this, I respect if you feel the need to voice your concern
either via this thread, me directly, or via one of the list admins. I
just thought, hey, if I don't ask, nobody may know I'm looking to
network. I also wish to stress, I'm not looking for the world, just to
connect. If you may know someone, and wish to get further knowledge of
where I'm at, feel free to contact me off-list, and I'll be happy to
discuss things, before even bothering that person. Cheers.

Mark Sargent.
(crosses fingers, holds his breath, and hopes he offends nobody with this).