Re: [tlug] about sanitize_e820_map()

Good evening again.

> Seriously, Steve was educating you for your own good, not scolding
> you. He tends to only scold those of us who should know better, and
> ignore annoying newbies who lack a Clew. (Sorry, couldn't resist the
> Baroque spelling; I guess I should read less Neal Stephenson!) So if
> Steve suggests something to you, you must not fit in the annoying
> clueless newbie category. The fact that you are asking a question
> about a pretty low-level bit of the kernel would provide more evidence
> to support that fact. :)

Yes, I must not fit in the annoying newbie.

> (Looks like it moved a few lines down in the jump from 2.6.11 to .13)
>
> > As another version and another patch level kernel uses the same code, I found,
> > I thought that probably I was misunderstanding.
>
> The conditions seem not to have changed any, so my explanation should hold.

And yes again.

> For the sake of the archives, please do reply and let the list know
> whether I was correct or not. :)

Thank you Mr Glover.
You are correct.

Your help is really helpful.
It's so clear.

I believed easily that when memory regions are continuous,
end address of lower region equals to start address of upper region - 1.

This misunderstanding misleads to that the condition

change_point[i]->addr == change_point[i-1]->addr

is impossible.
In order to avoid this (this looked inconsistent for me),
my head was spinning and slipped away to a foolish.

I have a web page that is memo for reading kernel source
and I have re-written the page last night.
(I am not good at writting in Englist and cannot speak in English)

If some of you (list members) are interrested in how I was
misunderstanding and am still misunderstanding,
please look at http://ozen.web.fc2.com/remap.html

I think there are more misunderstanding.
When you want to point out mistakes, email me directly,
not this list (because I will feed ashamed and it is not suitable for the list)

And I will subscribe to newbie list.
Thank you all.