Re: [tlug] [tlug-digest] Editing Soud Files (WAV & MP3)

> I'm currently working on a website for a singer and she wants me to
> put some sound files on the site.  I can put whole songs on with no
> problem (MP3) but she just wants short bits of them - say 20 seconds
> per song.  Can anyone recommend a good way to edit sound files?  I
> don't suppose playing a song with one program and recording it with
> another is an option... it would be nice if it were though.  (I would
> just do it by recording it onto MD or something and then using that,
> but I don't have MD.)
>
> Lyle
> --
> http://www5d.biglobe.ne.jp/~LLLtrs/

I use Audacity for editing .wav and it works quite nicely.
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
For some reason, it isn't in SuSE 10.
They also do mp3, but I haven't used it for that.  I always save as .wav
and convert to mp3 for use.
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/about/

Steve S.