Re: [tlug] Linspire as a senior citizen's first computer... whatdoyou think?

> If he is a complete beginner I would suggest you administer the system
> for him through ssh, and just give him a user account.

Very true, very good. That is what I would like to do, but I have to
explain to him how to tell me the IP address, etc. Also, he will be on
dial-up, so if the modem resets for some reason and then redials, he might
have a new IP. Basically, he will have to tell me the IP over the phone,
then I log in and do stuff, hoping that the modem connecition holds.

No matter how you cut it, it is not a very appealing situation.