Re: [tlug] Linspire... (OT question/request)

Lyle wrote:

> Micheal E Cooper wrote:
>>About two weeks from now, I will return to the US for the first time in 9
>>years, and I am considering getting him a PC and an internet connection.
>
> hand, was completely different. Coming face to face with how radically I
> had changed was the shock - not finding changes in the city....
> So - either on or off list, I hope you can report back on how it is
> going back - whether you, or the places you visit end up being Rip Van
> Winkle!

Another friend of mine, from LiveJournal, was suggesting the same, and I
myself was intending to keep of journal of my impressions. A friend of
mine, having just married a woman from Delhi, went back to her country
with her recently, and he made copious LiveJournal entries about it. I
wrote letters after I first got here, but by now Japan has become the norm
for me, and none of it seems exotic or noteworthy. It is home, and I feel
at home here. So I was thinking that I should take notes of my impressions
of my former home when I get there.